1 head of broccoli
2 packages of egg tofu
1 package of minced pork/beef/chicken
Dark soy sauce
Light soy sauce
- Obtain recipe from your friend Joo Fei, a beloved chef amongst your friends.
- Cut up broccoli and carrot.
- Cut open egg tofu tubes and squeeze out egg tofu. Slice them into evenly-sized pieces. Admire their wobbly texture. Brown them in oil until wrinkly on both sides. Set aside.
- Brown garlic in oil. Add minced pork and break up with spatula. Add dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt, and sugar, to quantities according to your heart’s desire.
- FaceTime Joo Fei in worry because “heart’s desire” is a confusing instruction.
- Add enough water to cover the pork and let simmer until thickened. Stir. If necessary, add corn starch to thicken the sauce. But you’re probably fine without.
- Add the egg tofu and let simmer for about thirty seconds.
- Add the carrots and broccoli (here you can do snow peas or something too) and stir for about two minutes until done.
- Bask in Joo Fei’s validation over the phone and then dig in.
The baked salmon recipe is from here and merely requires olive oil, salt, pepper, and some lemons.